Hey ya'll Kerry here. We arrived in Munich a couple days ago and are having a blast except for the weather. The biggest surprise so far has been the cold, wet spell that the locals tell us is typcial for Munich in July. The bonus out of it all is that I am now the proud owner of a G-Star Raw Denim zip up Euro trash sweatshirt. Yup the logo is huge in block letters on the back I feel very G-Star walking around in it. Oh and meg got a little cold so in classic style she bought another black v-neck sweater like the other five she has at home in the closet, haha.
Okay so shopping really isn't the highlight so far let me give a rundown of the last couple days.
We arrived late on Monday night and immediately after checking in headed down to the main town square, Marienplatz for dinner at the Weisses Brauhaus, everything in Munich is a Brauhaus. After waiting to be seated for 15 min we realized it was seat yourself and a bit out of our American comfort zone it was sit at any two open chairs as tables aren't just for specific parties or groups. We sat next to a couple of businessmen and just our luck they spoke English and German so could help us read the menu. The easy part was ordering up a couple of brews, the food much harder especially for Megan. We ended up with some Pork shoulder in beer sauce, cabbage, dumplings, and what we hoped was fondue turned out to be a cold cheese spread. Needless to say I loved the Pork and Megan loved the cabbage and bread and cheese. In fact I think that's all we've eaten; bread, cheese, and pork!!
Tuesday we woke up to gray skys and 15 degree weather (yeah now its your turn to do your own conversion). Perfect day for a bikeride. We took the four hour Mikes Bike Tour through downtown Munich always and interesting experience this time made even more interesting as the rain and wet roads caused two of the others in our group to crash on busy city streets, nope no helments on this tour. Megan and I both came away a l ittle cold and wet but unscathed. We ended at the famous Haufbrauhaus for 1 litre beers and ended up this time sitting with a group of highschool girls on a trip with their teacher. They were really into the 16 yearold drinking age. Note to self don't send the kids to Europe until college.
Today, Wednesday, we took a little detour and went on a guided trip to Salzburg Austria, birthplace of Mozart. We had a blast. Old town Salzburg is the most picturesque little European spot. We ate at the market, toured the castle and ended up at the beer garden. Our tour guide was a little dry but thank goodness for the three hours of free time to tour on our own and even better thank goodness for the sunshine, finally.
Tomorrow we hope to hit up one of crazy King Ludwig II palaces and Dachau before heading off to Prague. If its anything like the last time I visited Dachau we'll have a lot to think about and feel thankful for on the train ride to Prague. Hope all is well back home. Feel free to leave us a comment below, ask questions, give suggestions for Prague or the rest of Eastern Europe, or just say Hi.
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
wow, sounds like a totally terrif start to the adventure. I'm mad jealous of your G-Star raw sweatshirt. I'll have to ebay one soon.
I like the beers & cabbage diet, you should write a book on it and pimp it in Hollywood when you get back... it could be the next rage. The grapefruit diet is dead, something has to replace it!
Check your e-mail if you can. Someone you know just made a kid.
Have fun, and Meg's enjoy your new v neck. Classic!!
I totally forgot about all the Euro trash goodies available over there. Megan- you have to buy a paper jacket if you can find one. Kerry- you need a nice gold chain to go with your G-Star treasure, and hair gel is a must.
Nice start! Sounds like you have a beer after everything you do. I like yo style...Cheers!!
So it was 97 in K-Town yesterday i.e. 36C, good day to have a pool. So you guys are totally missing out! I've been sitting at a desk in front of a computer and phone for the last 4 days. It's been awesome! If you want to check out MY blog, let me know. OK, jokes aside, I'd like a super-rawdog sweatshirt if you have room to carry it back, something like $50. Are you going to the infamous Von-Forell Castle? Hitler's a punk btw. What was that place called? Have fun and stay away from the hostils. Did you see that movie?
Latz,
Nelson
I've got fans pointing at me from all directions, and I'm too hot and irritable to do any mathematical conversions in regards to how waaaayyy hotter it is here then there. I'm glad you all are keeping hydrated with beer. Good game plan. Your parents miss you. I'm making weekly visits though and keeping an eye on your car. Your dad has only taken it down to Sauvie with the dogs one time...and I told him the hitchhiker was a bad idea. Do we get pictures with this blog??
For those who want to know generally, but don't want to convert, here is an easy rhyme:
30 is hot
20 is pleasing
10 is not
0 is freezing
Sounds like you are having fun; thanks for taking the time to keep us all updated.
Post a Comment