Friday, January 9, 2009

Construction Zone

It happened today, for the very first time. I finally had a complete stranger look down at my swollen mid-section, smile and ask when I am due. Victory! All these months I have had this awesome accessory that most people either don't notice or can't see underneath my heavy winter coat. But today I decided that no matter what the temperature gauge showed, I was going outside without a coat because I want to show off this belly!

The lady went on to tell me what a joy children are and then asked if I was "ready." I honestly answered "no" and then my mind went into a tailspin. Holy cow, I am 12 weeks away from my due date, our house is under construction (yet again) and I am utterly unprepared for this baby! I can't nest because our spare bedroom is a construction zone and the rest of the house is in a similar state of disarray. What's a girl to do? Well, this girl is packing her bags and heading to the Big Island. Who knows, maybe we'll meet an old Hawaiian surfer that is so inspiring, we decide to name our first son after him. Akahi Forell has a nice ring...

Aloha.

No comments: