Monday, March 9, 2009

My Life, Post Pregnancy

A semi-comprehensive list of things I will miss after I give birth:

- Accessory. Having the baby bump, my most favorite accessory

- Free dessert. I actually got free dessert at a nice restaurant last week. The waitress felt bad that all my friends were enjoying frilly cocktails, while I sipped on my lemon water and she gifted me a fabulous dessert.

- The Pregnancy Card. This is the card that I use for just about everything. For instance, if we are out and it's getting late and I would like to go home or I really just don't feel like doing the dishes, or I am waiting at a restaurant for a sought-after table, I throw out the pregnancy card. It works everytime. It's like a get out of jail free card.

- Fashion disaster. I can wear just about anything I like, including pajamas, sweatpants, and unmatching outfits, simply because I am pregnant. It's so freeing.

- Free smiles. No matter where I go, people smile at me. I think people relate to pregnancy, especially women. It's a chance for them to think back to their own pregnancy and remember the happiness a new baby brings to one's life.

Things I look forward to, post-birth:
- Being able to tie my own shoes.

- Shaving my legs without feeling like a contortionist.

- Wine. Need I say more?

- Being able to wear jackets. Right now, my belly is so big, I have only one jacket that I can zip up.

- Sleeping on my back and my stomach. I can't wait to have two more sleep positions to add to my repertoire!

- Most importantly, holding this sweet little baby that has called my uterus home for the past 40 weeks.

2 comments:

Emily B. said...

Like you're going to sleep ever again!! I kid, I kid... you will. I'm here in CR, and right at this very moment, my boss is having a c-section!!!! New babies are the best.

Meg said...

I think you'll be ok on the free smile route. I don't know many people who don't smile at babies. It's the five year old throwing a tantrum in the aisles of the grocery store that gets you a very different kinda look/smile...