There is just too much to catch up on, I'm not sure where to begin? It's been six weeks since little Sam joined the Forell household and needless to say our lives have changed dramatically. There have been many funny stories, some tears and some very long nights but Sam has definitely been a great addition to our family and our lives. So for now, I'm not going to catch you up on every moment the past six weeks have featured (it would take me weeks) but start fresh today, and begin cataloging the life and times of Sam the Man.
First things first, today was a banner day - we had our very first diaper without poop! Yes, believe it or not for the past six weeks EVERY diaper that comes in contact with this boy ends with poop. Apparently this is normal but my goodness, how much more can one little boy produce?! I'm not getting my hopes up, I have learned that the minute something stays the same, the minute it changes.
Kerry continues to have his Sam time each night. Some dad's sing or read to their children but Kerry has decided that he would rather rap. Yep, our little angel gets rapped to every night. No background music, just Kerry and his beats. Sam seems to enjoy it (as much as a six week can enjoy anything) and Kerry gets a big kick out of his hip-hop skills.
Last weekend was my birthday and Kerry organized a day of wine tasting. It was our first "full day" away from little Sammy but I wasn't concerned- we had a team of babysitters watching him. Grampy Jim, Auntie Pam and Uncle Paul took on the challenge of watching Sam and catering to his every need. Upon returning to our house, this is how we found Grandpa and Sam...
Sam Stats - 10 lbs 4 oz - 21"
2 comments:
Sam the man is in great hands! Happy belated b-day Megan! It's good to hear Kerry is giving Sam some hip-hop infusion...that'll make for a great story to tell down the line. I wonder what his rapper name will be...?
See you in a couple weeks hopefully.
He IS the cutest boy around. Though with the mullet and me as an auntie, country music may be more his speed then rap. I'm so excited that I get to spend lots of time with him now. Sam is worth missing a day at the beach any day.
Love you both!
Meg
Post a Comment