Thursday, September 25, 2008

I want the bump.


Week 13 comes with no big surprises. I still look kinda pudgy with no real baby bump to speak of. I see other preggo’s around town and I can’t help but to have bump envy. Everyone keeps warning me to be careful about what I wish for but enough already - bring on the bump! This week Kerry and I go for another ultrasound which means another opportunity to see the bean. This week’s view will be very different from our first ultrasound at 7 weeks. Back then, all you could see was a blob. I am told that this week, at the ripe old age of -27 weeks old (Kerry has started aging the baby from our due date, this week the bean is -27 weeks, next week the bean will be -26 weeks- you get the picture) we will be able to see arms, legs, fingers (webbed I think) and movement! So long bean and hello baby!

The other big news of the weekend was our super shopping trip to Seagal’s for a stroller. Of course we are nowhere near purchasing anything but I want to slowly ease Kerry into this shopping frenzy. He keeps muttering things like, “babies can sleep in drawers” and “let’s get one of those $12.00 umbrella strollers” and “I don’t really believe that a car seat only lasts for 5 years.” I want to slowly start to show him how much things REALLY cost, that way he doesn’t have a total meltdown as we get closer to D-Day. As we entered the store, he visibly started to shake and I could see his mind going into overload. I quickly redirected him over to the stroller section, where he systematically touched, pushed and shook each stroller that was lined up. I, of course, had one stroller in mind and headed straight to the jogging stroller section. After Kerry had sufficiently inspected each variety, it was time to “test drive”. The saleslady casually suggested to Kerry that if he wanted to, he could take the strollers outside and run them around the parking lot to see how each felt. I think she was shocked when his face lit up and he answered “awesome.” She loaded two 10 pound flour sacks into the stroller (our make-believe 20 pound child), and he was off, running around the parking lot with each stroller and our 20 pound flour child. Towards the end of his test, the saleslady casually leaned over and asked me if he was a serious runner, I laughed and explained that no, Kerry doesn’t run and that was why I was so amused with his shenanigans.

Never a dull day in the Forell household.

PS- I went to the Wildlife Safari this past weekend (in addition to our stroller extravaganza) and had the chance to ride a camel again, this time with a real saddle!

No comments: