Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tour De Troit!



What do Kid Rock, Eminem and 8 mile have in common? Yep, you guessed it- Detroit, Michigan! We ventured into the great Mid-west a few weekends ago to help celebrate Berg and Shannon’s wedding. We had a crew of 11 make the trek from P-town to D-town and as soon as we arrived, we knew the weekend was going to be wild. First off, we bunked up “Kerry style – aka el cheapo” and crammed 5 people into our hotel room. Some might turn their nose up at this style of traveling but I believe some of the best stories from our trip came out of that hotel room. Second, the bride and groom had quite the weekend of events planned out, most of which revolved around bar hopping, dancing and other establishments that accept crisp dollar bills and hot quarters. Every night proved to be an adventure. One little known fact about Detroit is it's dizzying array of late night eateries, 2:00 am “Fourth Meal” consisted of Coney Dogs (Thursday night), deep dish pizza (Friday night) and jalapeno poppers (Saturday night). We all agreed that a detox was desperately needed upon landing in Portland.

Of course, your’s truly didn’t partake in the imbibing but I did enjoy some fried, greasy food a time or two. All in all, the wedding was stunning (as were the bride and groom) and the P-town posse had a FANTASTIC time. I think we should travel 11 deep everywhere we go?

1 comment:

Meg said...

Mmmmmm....11 deep? I think you forgot to count someone. 12 is a much better number :) The future babe looks pretty cute (even if it is a black/white US photo). I am pulling for a little girl though. I guess it doesn't matter really, as long as I'm allowed to place her/him in an animal costumes from time to time.