
This week we knocked out one (well, technically three) big purchase(s) – a crib, changing table and cradle. My cousins’ in-laws had a set they were looking to sell and after viewing the goods, we made the purchase! It’s a really nice set, dark cherry wood with a very classic look. It’ll go well with the rest of the house and is gender neutral, just in case. As I’m sure you can all guess, Kerry was thrilled with this purchase for one reason, and one reason only – it was a bargain! Instead of purchasing a brand new set with a brand new price tag, our new-used set saved us a bundle and made him even more comfortable with BOB. Hooray for bargain shopping!
Speaking of BOB, he now resides in our spare bedroom, just waiting to go for a long walk or run. In the morning, I greet him with “Good morning BOB” and in the evening it’s “Goodnight BOB.” Kerry is beginning to get jealous of the other man in my life. The other night we were going to the movies (we typically walk or take the street car) and I casually mentioned that if he wanted to, Kerry could probably ride in BOB. He passed on the offer but I can bet, sometime in the future, it’ll happen.
And lastly, we are very happy to announce that our home remodel project is officially over. After two months of dust, dirt and machinery, our house has beautiful crown molding, pillars and custom built-ins. If BOB is my baby, then the new columns are Kerry’s. He sits in the living room, admiring their curves and often asks people if they want to come in and see “his columns.”
2 comments:
I want to see the columns! Post the photos!
does that mean I have to sleep on BOB when I come visit?
Post a Comment