Tuesday, November 4, 2008

And the countdown begins…


I feel like I should have one of those moving tickers at the top of this page – 59 hours, 3 minutes and 24 seconds…This Friday is the day we have been waiting for. Do we buy pink or do we buy blue? When I originally scheduled the ultrasound appointment 5 weeks ago, it seemed like an eternity and now, it is almost upon us. I keep hearing from other women that they had dreams about the sex of the baby but I haven’t had even a peep. According to the Chinese calendar, it’s a boy. According to the random gender predictors online, it’s a boy. According to the unofficial poll at my work, it’s a boy.

How do I feel about all of this? I have two trains of thought. The first - we have to have a boy. Kerry needs a playmate, someone to play football with, throw a baseball with and generally engage in all things “boy.” Of course, after all the dirty, muddy, grubby activities, our little guy will have to indulge his dear mama in one thing – ballet. The second – does it really matter? It’s so cliché but what I really want is a healthy baby, boy or girl.

On another note, we just got back from a long weekend in Philadelphia where we were able to indulge in a little American history and World Series fanaticism. We visited the Constitution museum, liberty bell and even made the trek out to Gettysburg (which was fascinating!). Of course the highlight of the trip was sampling a variety of Philly cheese steaks (including one made with Cheez Whiz) and witnessing all the craziness with the Phillies winning the World Series. Baseball really is America’s favorite pastime.

No comments: