What a difference a few weeks makes! I kept waiting for this little guy to start moving around. Friends kept telling me that I should start to feel little kicks between 16 and 22 weeks. After week 18, I started to feel faint “butterflies” of movement, most of the time not really sure if it was the baby kicking or just a little gas leftover from lunch. But now, at 23 weeks, I can proudly say that this little boy likes to move! I keep having this vision of a mini-Kerry, dancing around, hands in the air, under a shining disco ball, bumping into the sides of his temporary home (my uterus). He even has patterns of when he likes to do his dancing- right after lunch and just before bedtime. (Both instances just happen to correspond with my eating times!) He also tends to like Kanye West. Weird, I know. But Kanye comes on the radio and this baby gets his groove on. I just hope that he has inherited my rhythm and not Kerry’s. (See above image)
Kerry and I were talking the other night about whose sleep habits the baby will take after. His mama is an early to bed, early to rise type. While dad prefers to stay up late and sleep in. We decided that our child will probably be terribly confused, going to bed early, waking up in the middle of the night, only to sleep in until 11am. Is this just wishful thinking?
If BOB stole my heart early on, Pilly has taken over as the new man in my life. Pilly (short for pillow) is the latest addition to the Forell boudoir. It’s a body size pillow, as big as a person and offering my weary knees and back a comfy spot to snuggle into. Most nights Pilly serves as a pillow barrier between Kerry and I, much to his dismay. If he even wants to put an arm around my shoulder, he must go through Pilly first and Pilly tends to be an unmovable force. At first, Kerry was happy for my newfound comfort but now he just wishes that Pilly would fall behind the bed, never to be found again. I, on the other hand, can’t imagine another night’s sleep without Pilly and vow to bring him with me everywhere I travel (and I’m pretty sure Pilly will count as my carry-on piece of luggage).
No comments:
Post a Comment