Yes, it's been a while and I have so much to share. But let's start with the BIG news- the Chinese Gender Predictor Calendar was right, we are having a boy! Here's how the day went down.
Our ultrasound appointment was scheduled for 2pm on Friday. We thought it would be nice to take the afternoon off, go to the ultrasound followed by a trip to Babies R Us and finish it off with a fantastic dinner out. The morning of the ultrasound I could barely contain myself, I was so excited to find out and I just couldn't imagine how I was going to wait until 2pm! My phone kept ringing with with impatient friends asking, "So, what's the verdict?!"
Finally, Kerry and I arrived at the doctor's office, palms sweating and heart pounding. When it was finally our time, we walked into the ultrasound room and tried to manage small talk with the technician but I wanted to scream "Let's get this going! I am going to have a heart attack" I think she could sense my tension and went to business. As soon as she had the baby properly "aligned" I just knew it was a boy, I could definitely tell there was something "extra." And then she said, "Looks like you are having a boy!" We both squealed with delight and then Kerry went into this odd deer in headlights trance. It's as if the weight of it all finally hit him, that he was going to have a son and this very real. I realized at this moment, that I have been preparing for this baby for the past 5 months, both emotionally and physically, my life has already changed dramatically. But for Kerry, his life hasn't really changed all that much. Sure, he has to deal with my crazy emotions and insane food aversions but for the most part, his life has continued with no huge changes.
The rest of the ultrasound was so much fun. I couldn't believe how much he had grown (from a bean to a baby!). We were able to see his little hands, feet and sweet profile. At the end, he had his little legs crossed at the ankles, sending us the message, "alright Mom and Dad, you've had a look, now let me go back to bed!"
As soon as we were out of the office, I felt so relieved and reconnected with the whole process. This "thing" was now a baby boy! We were both overjoyed, scared and in total awe that we had created this little person.
1 comment:
Congratulations on your boy! That's super exciting!
Post a Comment