Sunday, March 15, 2009

Baby Shower, Japan and Belly


Last weekend we had a marathon of Baby Shower's. The first, on Saturday, was a couple's shower hosted by Amanda and Melissa. We had a great time sharing stories with friends, enjoying world famous chicken wings and opening what seemed like an endless supply of gifts (thank you everyone!). A huge "thank you" to Amanda and Melissa for organizing the fantastic shin-dig, this baby is one lucky boy!

The following day, Sunday, the entire Zinda crew gathered for round two of shower Baby Forell with love. My Aunt's hosted a tea party, complete with finger sandwiches, cheesecake and all things chocolate. We had a great time and again, were completely overwhelmed by everyone's generosity. (Pics to come shortly)

Lastly, I am a bachelorette this weekend while Kerry runs off to Japan (yes, Japan a 12 hour flight away from his very pregnant wife!). He's only gone for three days but I have put myself on self-prescribed bed rest, meaning I will lay around the entire time that way I don't induce labor. I had a doctor's appointment on Friday and she doesn't think that they baby will come this week but I still think it's a great excuse to lay on the couch, with my gallon of ice cream and watch reruns of Entourage.

While talking with my Mom yesterday, she casually asked me what my backup plan is, in case I go into labor. Do you want to know what her suggestion was? If you go into labor, maybe you could call one of the other father's from the birthing class and ask them to be my labor coach. I can totally see that phone call:

Ring, ring..
"Uh, hi. This is Megan, we met at last week's birthing class. My husband was the one who couldn't handle the birthing videos and screamed like a little girl when the baby was crowning and yes, I am the one who showed up each week in pajamas. Well, I was wondering, I am in labor and my husband is out of town, would you mind stepping in for a few days and acting like my baby's daddy? I especially need some help during the labor, I like my feet and back rubbed and to be fed orange ice chips. This may seem like a weird request, since we really don't know each other and you could potentially see more of me than I would prefer, but I thought that during our one 30 second conversation, we had a real connection. Thoughts?"

Let's just hope this baby stays put and Kerry makes it back on US soil very soon... 37 week belly shot of me and Kerry.


1 comment:

Emily B. said...

Kerry, I gotta say, I am loving the equality of the belly shots here. And oh, Meg, I can't wait!!!! The new baby here in CR is a DOLL... at six days, her face is filling out and like all great babies, I can tell she really likes me. ;)

I have faith you'll be on the couch all week, nary even a Braxton Hicks in sight. But if not, call John. It might be the first time he hears his cell phone after 10 PM!