Monday, March 23, 2009

The Nursery is Ready!


Great news! We have finally completed Baby Forell's future digs. To see the entire slideshow, visit our Picasa site:

A few details I would like to share about the room:

The Mural- I knew that I wanted Amanda to paint something custom but we were having a hard time identifying a phrase or nursery rhyme that fit the bill. One night we were sitting around and I had an epiphany - how about Van Morrison's Tupelo Honey? This is the same song my Dad and I danced to at my wedding and I absolutely love the song! Of course Van is singing about a girl but with a quick deletion of a few "S's", we were in business! The detail is amazing, she hand shaded each letter and created the happiest bees I have ever seen.

The stripes - Once again, the amazing Amanda came to the rescue! She used a faux painting technique to create "linen" stripes all around the room.

The shelf- The shelf is actually Kerry's grandmother's. We have always used it in some part of our home but felt it fit perfectly with the antique feel of the nursery.

Furniture - As I mentioned in a previous post, we purchased (well actually my Mom purchased, thank you Carole!) the crib and changing table second hand. I love the dark cherry wood and antique look, it's exactly what we wanted.

Baby picture - To the right of the image, you'll see a framed picture of a baby. This was given to my by my Uncle Fred when I was born and resided in my nursery until I was old enough to prefer Strawberry Shortcake.

Fortune Cookie - There is a small gold frame on the bookshelf that holds the fortune I received a few months before I found out I was pregnant. It's also the way in which I told Kerry the big news. I have saved it for over a year, knowing it would be the perfect addition to the room.

Curtains- My fabulous Mother made the curtains! You really have to see them in person to appreciate the dark chocolate silk.

Closet - Ok, the closet still needs a little work. Keep in mind that our house is not that big and storage is sometimes an issue. Hopefully the nesting instinct will kick in this week and I can get organized.

1 comment:

Meg said...

It's fantastic! Lucky little boy. Although he is taking over my guest room. That's alright...I'm brave enough to stay in the Man Cave from time to time.