Monday, March 2, 2009

You Need to Feel Labor

The birthing class saga continues...

Last night Kerry had a new thought while we were practicing "birthing techniques", he decided that it wasn't enough for me to practice different positions that might help the labor pain but that I should actually be in some form of pain, that way when the big time comes, I know what to expect. So, I am on the birthing ball (picture large exercise ball, with me balancing on top and Kerry in front of me, massaging my back) and we are practicing level three breathing, "hee, hee, ho, hee, hee ho". I am relaxed, feeling empowered, enjoying the lower back massage, when out of NOWHERE, Kerry digs into my (new) back fat and pinches me! I scream out in pain, effectively disrupting the entire class and their level three breathing, while Kerry quietly whispers to me, "I think that you should experience some pain while we are practicing, that way you are really ready." And with that, he goes in for the pinch again! I was in total shock, I couldn't decide whether to smack him or laugh hysterically. He really thought it would be helpful to inflict pain on his pregnant wife! I burst into laughter and we couldn't stop laughing until the instructor gave us "the look." I thought for a minute we might actually get kicked out of class, either for spousal abuse or lack of focus on level three breathing.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Why are you having a kid again since you already have Kerry??? You are a very nice wife. I most definitely would of smacked him. Should we begin a pool as to when you two will be kicked out of class??? I feel it is more a question of when, then if.