I was really looking forward to our series of birthing classes. What a great time to connect with other women while learning all about our impending adventure. I had a really positive attitude until last week's session, also known as "home video night". It really caught us off guard, I knew we were going to see a birth but this was more birth than I could have imagined. At one point, when the baby was crowning, Kerry blurted out, loudly, in front of the entire, very quiet class, "on my goodness!" All eyes were on him. I would like to say that I was more mature and prepared, but to be perfectly honest, I couldn't even watch the film.
After three hours, we walked out of class shell-shocked, wondering how and if we could ever get the images we just witnessed out of our heads. It's been three days and no such luck.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Go rent "The Business of Being Born" and watch it tonight! Yes, lots of births, but filmed well, good stories, women who are calm and focused and not screaming in pain at all. A very inspirational movie that shows how amazing birth can be. (They tell me. You know my interest level at the moment.)
And yay on getting the invite! Hope the snark factor came across low and humor level high. ;)
Go rent "The Business of Being Born" and watch it tonight! Yes, lots of births, but filmed well, good stories, women who are calm and focused and not screaming in pain at all. A very inspirational movie that shows how amazing birth can be. (They tell me. You know my interest level at the moment.)
And yay on getting the invite! Hope the snark factor came across low and humor level high. ;)
This is why I only watch movies that involve animals being born. No screaming...and the mother usually has this expression like, "hello...where did you come from??" That's how I'd like child birth to be.
Post a Comment