Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Things I have Learned


Breastmilk Stains - I now have a pile of shirts with a very convenient spot on the front. Apparently breast milk stains. Who knew? I figured it was just like water, and would wash out with everything else that lands on me these days. So, take this as a warning, say no to leakage!

Pregnancy Card vs. Baby Card - You've heard me talk about the pregnancy card. The glorious "get out of jail free" card that I proudly used for 9 months. As I was delivering our little Sammy, I was sad to return my card but vowed to use it again one day. But, behold! The Baby Card is arguably better! With Sam, people let me cut in line, open doors and even offer help when I look a little overwhelmed. This got me thinking, is it possible to be a dual card holder? Wow, think of the possibilities.

My brain is mush - The other day, I was proud of myself for walking down the supermarket to pick up a few things. I had Sam in the BOB, checked out and began walking outside. Suddenly, I had this feeling like I was forgetting something. Baby? Check. Wallet? Check. Groceries? Aha! I had left my groceries neatly stacked at the self checkout center. I quietly snuck back, grabbed my groceries and told myself that it probably wasn't safe for me to leave the house again.

No comments: