Phew! After a layover in Sacramento, we successfully took our 2.5 month on vacation! Sam was a real trooper on the plane, for the most part he slept, ate and slept some more. Kerry and I used the 3B strategy - anytime he opened his mouth he got a bottle, boob or binky. It worked wonderfully! It also helped that we were surrounded by women who "goo-goo'd" "ga-ga'd" over Sam. If I wasn't careful, I was pretty sure the lady behind us was going to try and snatch him while I was sleeping.

As for our vacation, I must admit- it was a different style of vacation. Long gone are the days of sleeping in, drinking margaritas poolside while not having a care in the world. Ok, maybe I was able to drink margaritas poolside but I can assure you, there was absolutely no sleeping in! During the days, we carefully positioned Sam under an umbrella, where he could watch the action yet stay out of the sun. He seemed pretty satisfied with this. I also think he enjoyed all the extra attention he received. With six of us there, the minute he let out a peep, he got instant Auntie attention. Those girls are good! Even the guys stepped in to help out.

Sam also had his first experience in the pool. The pool at the house was saltwater, which is great for babies. Sam tolerated the water for about .5 seconds then decided that he HATED it and was ready to be back under his poolside umbrella.
What a great weekend! We can't wait to do it again. Viva Los Palm Springs!
2 comments:
In that second pic, he looks like he is about to give an important, perhaps commencement, speech. Kid after my own heart.
Viva....Montucky??? I think it only right that Sammy be "broken in" to having family around him that, mmm...hmmm...indulge every once in awhile. I mean look at how great we all turned out?
Post a Comment