Monday, September 28, 2009

Megan = Delinquent Blog Owner

Dear Blog,
I am a delinquent owner. I kinda forgot that I owned you. I know, totally lame excuse but in between book babies, play dates and feeding our husky boy - it simply slipped my mind! So, here I go again, with no promises but a rising hope that I will once again chronicle the life and times of Sam I Am. You may be asking yourself, what's new? Well, everything. Let me give a breakdown:

1 - Sam is huge! He's nearing the 19 pound mark. His little chub roles continue to grow and everyday, people can't help but stop me on the street and comment on his extra "love" as I like to refer to it. See for yourself:

2 - Kerry, Sam and I took our very first family trip together. We loaded up the Honda and hit the open road, visiting Montana, Jackson Hole, WY, Yellowstone, Sun Valley, ID, Lake Tahoe, San Francisco and Crater Lake. The trip was a great way for us to bond as a unit and some excellent time for Kerry to see just how time consuming our little guy is. Sam was a champ throughout the trip, although for all he knew we were driving to grandma's house (just 10 minutes away). I'm sure that later in his life he'll appreciate all the great monuments and National parks he was able to view. After two weeks on the road, we landed back at the homestead with a new appreciation for Sam's toys and a greater family bond. This is Sam and I at Lake Tahoe.


3 - Sam really moves. This kid is wild! He rolls, sits up and is trying to crawl across the room to get at anything! At his 4 month appointment, the doctor has one piece of advice for me, "go home and start babyproofing today!" Apparently he's off the chart for physical development and she swears that he will be doing EVERYTHING early - crawling, walking, etc. At first I was really proud and then the reality of real movement hit me. I think our best course of action is to remove everything in our house, just clear it out and hope that he doesn't figure out how to wander downtown.


4 - Sleeping has yet to make a date with me. You see, Sam still wakes up every 2-3 hours and I just don't have the heart to let him cry. Well, at one point I thought I had the strength to let him "cry-it-out" but I got weak, very weak. You see I did the unthinkable, I googled it. At this point in my life I should know better than to google anything, unless I am ready to see every crazy person's opinion on the subject. But silly me, I did it and read article after article about how "crying-it-out" causes intimacy and attachment issues later on in life. Bologna and I know it but I panicked and decided that I will wait until he's 6 months to lay down the law and until that point, I continue to walk around in a half-coma state, leaving my purchased groceries at the store and only showering every other day (which, after talking with other new mom's, is apparently very good!).

5 - Kerry and I will do just about anything to make Sam laugh and he pretty much thinks that we are the most hilarious people on the planet. We dance around, shake our booties and sing ridiculous songs about the weather, dogs and anything else that just happens to be in front of us. The things we do to make our baby laugh :)

6 - One thing that I have been looking forward to is feeding Sam real food! The pediatrician recommends starting solid food at around 5 - 6 months. So, as soon as Sam turned 5.5 months, we took the highchair out of the attic and prepped Sam for his big day. He looked a little confused when we set the container of rice milk in front of him but then it was love at first bite! Now, I'm not sure that he loves the rice milk so much as he loves the experience of eating. He smears food all over his face, highchair and clothes while happily accepting mini-bites of the sweet goodness.



Oh blog, thank you blog for being a faithful friend and never leaving my side. I promise to pay more attention to you, nurture you and fill you with wonderful stories of Sam, Meg and Kerry.

No comments: