Monday, October 19, 2009

Teeth and Junk

HUGE news in our household.... Sam has two teeth! Yep, they showed their pearly little heads last week and now, they rest proudly on what was once just a gum. Kerry and I are thrilled but Sam could seem to care less.

I haven't told any "Kerry" stories lately, so I thought it was about time to share the latest and greatest from my dear husband. The other night Kerry was changing Sam's diaper, when I hear him exclaim, "Meg, oh my gosh! Good job buddy, way to go!" Sitting downstairs, reading the latest edition of People magazine, I jump up (not wanting to miss anything miraculous Sam is doing) and run upstairs, sure that Sam had finally mastered crawling or maybe finally said DaDa. I throw myself through Sam's bedroom door, eager to find out what all the fuss is about, when I see Sam still lying on his changing table.

"What's the big deal?" I ask, out of breath.

"Sam is a boy! He is totally a boy!" Kerry says through a cheek-to-cheek grin.

Confused, I delve deeper into this revelation. Yes, Sam is a boy, I thought we had confirmed that in my fifth month of pregnancy.

"He grabbed his junk!" Kerry finally spits out, with a look of utter pride.

So, for those out there that did not grow up with boys, apparently this is a normal thing. Boys like to uh, how do I say this - grab their "junk". As soon as I heard this I quickly asked Kerry how we fix this "problem" and he took a minute to explain that this is not a problem but merely one of many things I have to look forward to as a mother of a boy.

So there, big news around our house is that Sam has teeth and passed the first test of being "all boy". Congrats Sam (and Kerry). What's next? Peeing with the seat up?

2 comments:

Meg said...

The difference between your stories and Jen's is amazing. She writes about unicorns...you write about junk. Love it.

Nelson said...

Love the stories! What's the latest?