Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Beef Boullion

I'm pretty sure Sam is trying to tell us something. As if the spoon wasn't enough evidence, the latest "favorite" officially seals the deal - he's destined to be the next male Julia Childs. What is this latest source? Beef Bullion. Everyday Sam and I have a battle of the spice rack drawer. It's the only cupboard without a lock which means the minute Sam is set loose in our downstairs, he heads straight to the spice pull-out cabinet. Now, this may not be unusual, it's an interesting size, he can open and shut it and of course it's filled with millions of potential toys but the interesting point is what he grabs EVERYTIME he has access to the cabinet. Yep, you guessed it - Beef Bullion Cubes. What, you don't find this fascinating? Consider all the things Sam could potentially grab - onion salt, garlic powder, boxed sugar, cupcake sprinkles, baking soda, the list goes on. But, for some reason Sam grabs one thing over and over, the double BB. The minute he gets his chubby paws on the BB, he takes off into the other room desperately hoping that I won't find him and confiscate the goods. The other day Kerry let him keep the stolen cubes and Sam happily carried them around all morning, introducing the cubes to his favorite stuffed dog, his favorite book and of course, the favorite spoon.

What's with these cubes? Your guess is as good as mine, but until I get a lock on the cabinet, I think the cubes are his.

No comments: