Sounds weird, huh? Last week, I was playing around with Sam and I grabbed his favorite basketball and rolled it towards him. Suddenly, out of nowhere he started crying, scooting away as fast as he could. I chalked it up to a one time event. Later that day, I grabbed our big exercise ball and began bouncing it around the house. He typically loves this huge toy, amazed by both it's size and ability to roll over everything. Not this time. Again, freaked out and scooted away just as fast as his little legs would allow.
It occurred to me that this is Sam's first irrational fear- the fear of large balls (ok, feel free to chuckle a bit). Palm-size footballs, baseballs and even soccer balls do not send him into a terror-fit, it's only the large ones that make he run for cover. Maybe he had a bad dream? A bad experience that I somehow missed? I'm completely baffled but until I can ease these large balls back into his life - they stay hidden in the closet.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment