Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Don't Worry Your Weary Mind

The Beloved Spoon Pics


Big Ball Fear Update!

The other day I took Sam to his typical Monday afternoon open gym with his little friend Lily. The week before had proved to be a little difficult since most of the balls were of the large variety. I gave Sam a pep talk the whole way to the gym, "those balls can't hurt you" "take control of your fear", so on and so forth.

We arrived at the gym and Sam went straight to the largest ball, picked it up and threw it across the gym (ok maybe not across but at least 5 feet). He had conquered his fear!

That night I was recapping the story for Kerry and he just shook his head and said, "Yep, I already knew he was over the fear." And how did he know that? Because, not surprisingly, Kerry had staged an intervention unbeknownst to me. He described this intervention as follows: "One morning I was holding Sam and I picked up the most feared basketball. Sam squirmed and whimpered but I told him that it was time to get over this silly fear and embrace what you once loved - large balls." Just like that Sam was cured.

Of course I was ready to pay for years of counseling and treatment. Kerry on the other hand does what he does best - makes things very simple (and very cheap!).

1 comment:

Meg said...

Can Kerry make vet school very simple and very cheap for me??? That would be marvelous. Thank you for the lovely posts. You've been most prolific lately, and it's a lovely break from some very ugly powerpoints.