Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sweet Baby El

Now that things have begun to settle down, I thought it would be a great time to formally introduce Eleanor and fill you in on her likes, dislikes and general demeanor. To start with, she is a very laid back baby - she's pretty content watching the mayhem around her (ie Sam) and is very content being strapped into the baby carrier while Sam attends his different activities. While Sam was a very serious baby, Ella seems to be a little more smiley and jovial. Everytime I go into her room to get her in the morning, she greets me with a big smile, as if to say "what's the plan for today?"

But with her laid back style, there also exists a small diva. When she gets hungry and isn't fed in a timely manner, she let's you know how unhappy she is about the situation.

Ella also thinks Sam is pretty much the cat's meow. She loves to watch his shenanigans and is constantly searching the room for her crazy big brother. Lately, she's started to coo quite a bit and Sam thinks it's hilarious. He tries to decode what she is saying and he typically thinks she asking for a firetruck or train. We might have to wait a few months before she can actually communicate what she wants but for now, we'll just continue to dote on our little girl.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Hopefully one of them grows up to be an animal lover. I will then whisk them away to whatever remote location I'm living in for the summer and they can help me care for pets...and I'll have free labor ;)

They are both adorable. I can't wait to see them again. I am going to be in my final year of veterinary school in 3 weeks!!! I have some time off right at the beginning so I'll travel up to see you guys then.