Sunday, April 17, 2011

Things are Simple



If I have learned one thing about motherhood and being a parent, it's that things are simple (sort of). Gone are the days of keeping track of the trendiest new restaurant or hottest ticket in town. I used to pride myself in always knowing what was going on around town, scouring the paper each Friday to read about grand openings, festivals and just plain fun places to be. Since we live so central, we lived it up each weekend filling our days and nights with friends, food and fun. And while those days were much appreciated and enjoyed, I am starting to appreciate our new lifestyle. One centered around parks, taking walks and searching for the biggest puddle to jump in. You see, life with a two year old is simple. Sam doesn't care what trend is happening or who's playing at the Mission across the street. He simply wants to explore the world around him, with his rain boots and his tricycle.

It's this "back-to-basics" mindset that has really forced me to sit back and enjoy the ride.

No comments: