Thursday, June 23, 2011

Daddy's Girl

Kerry's the first to admit that the "baby" phase isn't his favorite. Now don't get me wrong, of course he loves our baby but if given the choice, he would much prefer to play with the toddlers. I, on the other hand, LOVE the baby phase. The cooing, chubby arms and wide eyed curiosity that greets me each morning. The one thing that I could do without? Lack of sleep.

Ella started out as a super sleeper, practically sleeping through the night at 2 months old. Of course we attributed it to her very advanced status and I even begun to take it for granted until the unthinkable happened (cue horror flick backtrack) - sleep regression. For all those mom's out there, you've heard the term, feared it and maybe even survived it. Well, we are in the midst of the regression and there is no end in sight. Little El only likes to sleep while someone is holding her or laying with her. She absolutely refuses to sleep in her crib or anywhere that isn't within a 6 inch radius of her mom or dad. I am at my wits end and the other night, stated to Kerry that it's probably time to start the dreaded sleep training, also known as crying it out. I assumed Kerry would be fully on board, ready to reclaim his bed and a solid 8 hours of sleep but much to my surprise Kerry seemed a little hesitant to let his little girl cry. And so it begins. Ella, at a mere 4.5 months old, has her dear 'ol Dad wrapped around her pudgy little finger. What's next? I can already see that shiny new red car for her sweet sixteen.

No comments: