Sam's vocabulary is growing by the minute. Each day he says something new, most of time getting a good chuckle out of me or Kerry. His favorite saying is, "watch a 'lil Barney?" holding his thumb and pointer figure close to each other. It's his sweet way of trying to convince me that it's time for him and the big Purple dinosaur to have some quiet time. Typically I redirect his attention but it still puts a smile on my face. His other favorite line is to tell me that "Ella is tired. Time for nap." Only because this is one of the very few times I'll let him watch the Purple Dino, while I spend 20 minutes trying to get Ella down. He says it throughout the day, hoping at least one of the suggestions will be heard.
His new thing is, as we are crossing the street, to wave and yell "thank you" to the stopped cars. Not only do I get a laugh but most of the drivers can't help but smile at Sam (donning his aviator sunglasses no less!).
The other funny thing I have noticed is how he talks to Ella. He gets this really high, soft voice and says things like, "No, no pretty girl, that's for big boys." Or when she is crying, "It's ok Ella, Sammy is right here."
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment