Wednesday, April 25, 2012
The Social Networker
We've noticed that Sam has a lot of great skills and attributes. He's super coordinated (ie - awesome at every sport he tries), funny, and more recently, super social. I guess I took it for granted that he says good morning to his friends, asks how their recent vacation was and bids farewell to people as we walk away. I took this as normal toddler behavior but apparently not every kid is this social. People have started to point out to me how social of a kid he is and I have begun to take note of his behaviors. It's pretty common for us to walk into the store and have Sam wave hello to the guy working behind the deli counter. Just recently we were having friends over and he was patiently waiting in the window for our company to arrive and when they finally did, we could barely contain his "Hi Ali, Hi Ed. Come on in!"
He also loves to point out dogs in the neighborhood (thanks to his Auntie Pam, who shares his love of animals), just yesterday this couple was walking their dog and he stopped them and politely asked, "What is your dog's name? He is very cute. Can I pet him?" So matter of fact and so grown up, the couple looked a little startled!I don't know how these skills will play out in the future, but I can tell that I'm going to have my hands full debating the merits of brushing teeth, going to bed early and listening to his mama.
Our little social butterfly also turned 3 a few weeks ago. A beautiful day to celebrate our little cowboy. Happy birthday Sam, we love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment