Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Our Girl is Two

I know it's cliche, but time really does fly. With a blink of an eye, our sweet little Eleanor is two years old. I must admit, I get a little emotional when I think of it. It seems like I was just kissing her sweet newborn toes and rocking her to sleep every night. These days, she's fiercely independant but still has a very sweet and empathic side. She loves to play in her kitchen and has a very precise idea of how to arrange her dolls but every morning, when she wakes, she has to have her mama snuggle time. She crawls into our bed and just lays with me, resting her little head on my shoulder, a moment I look forward to every morning.

Although she may be our less energetic child, we have started to see a daredevil side to her. We decided to spend her birthday weekend in Sunriver where she showcased her ice skating skills and her fearless sledding ability. Where Sam was a bit timid to hit the slopes, Ella put her seat belt on and mastered the sledding hill, with no fear at all. I think she might be my future skiing partner.

Happy Birthday to our girl, we couldn't imagine life without you!




No comments: