Friday, September 5, 2008

And we thought traveling through Europe was tough...

We spent last summer gallivanting through Europe and Africa, enjoying the cuisine, wine and sights of 11 different countries over hundreds of miles. This summer, we opted for a different kind of adventure- the kind that takes about 9 months to hatch and will occupy our guest bedroom. In case you haven't guessed, we are having a baby! (Or Bean, as Kerry likes to refer to it).

After 4 pregnancy tests and two blood tests, I finally believed what the doctor was telling me. You can't ever really imagine how you will feel when you finally see that "+" sign on a test. I think my reaction went something like this: "No! Yes? Really? Can't be." (Began jumping up and down, waving my hands in the air, resume discussion with myself) "Oh no, I am already a horrible mother - I drank wine last weekend! What are we going to do with the house? Should we purchase a big, safe SUV? Maybe I shouldn't have just purchased those expensive jeans. OH MY GOSH! IT HAPPENED!" Then, I had to quickly regain my composure and go back to work. Did I forget to mention this part? I was actually at work when I took 3 of the tests. I just couldn't wait until I went home that day.

That night, I returned home and shared the good news with Kerry. His reaction wasn't as "animated" as mine (he's a guy, what do we expect?) he simply said, "Are you sure?" and then "Cool." I expect he will become more animated as time goes on...

1 comment:

Amy S. said...

Congratulations! How exciting to be adding to the family!