Friday, September 5, 2008

10 Weeks - Only 201 Days to Go!


Welcome to week 10 little bean! Yep, that’s right I am officially 2.5 months along. This milestone means a few things, for one it seems as though the “all day” sickness has officially been replaced by extreme exhaustion. This trade seems very fair to me, after a full month of being sick everyday, a little sleepiness seems like a walk in the park! It also means that I am almost done with the first trimester, keep your fingers crossed. The bean is nearly 1.5 inches long and the size of one (very cute) prune and believe it or not, the arms (complete with elbows) can flex already.

I am starting to notice some lovely veins around my stomach, which is apparently very normal and healthy. I haven’t gained any weight yet, although I am slowly watching all my muscle melt away. I am still working out regularly but I have cut back considerably and my once intense runs have been replaced by long walks and step aerobics. Since winning the battle with nausea this week, I have rediscovered my love affair with pure ice cream. Yep, the au natural kind with just cream, sugar and chocolate (no preservatives here!). I think I have earned this sweet, creamy goodness.

Kerry and I got to hear the bean’s heartbeat a few weeks back, and even get our first baby pictures (ultrasound). Kerry continues to refer to me as his little “incubator” which is kinda cute now, but when I am the size of a planet, I think the humor will be lost. Use it up, Kerry because a crazy hormonal woman could emerge at anytime! On the flip side, I have begun to use my “condition” to my advantage. For instance when the dishwasher needs to be unloaded, I casually mention that I am exhausted and that I, the carrier of his child, should probably lie down for some much needed rest.

Believe it or not, I have almost forgotten what a good glass of wine tastes like and I have become accustomed to not ordering booze. Of course, not drinking is essential for a healthy baby but it does have some surprise bonuses 1) I’m a cheap date. It’s so much cheaper to go out to eat, we are saving a ton of money by not ordering a bottle of wine with dinner or a fancy cosmo. 2) Empty calories. I never realized how many calories I was drinking before. Now don’t get me wrong, we weren’t boozing everyday but on a Friday or Saturday night, I could easily take down 4 drinks. 3) No hangovers. Saturday mornings I feel fresh and ready for the day.

With this said, when that long-awaited beer lands in my hand I will surely devour and enjoy every last morsel. But until that time comes, I think I will eat ice cream.

1 comment:

Meg said...

I love it! A Bean countdown. But don't think that blogging gets you out of sending me a real email missy. Starved for news from the US remember...and gossip.

Love ya,
Meg