Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Houston, We Have Progress

These last few weeks are really a waiting game. We have no idea when baby Forell will arrive, causing us to tread lightly each day. I wake up in the morning wondering if today could be the day that I give birth and then go to bed at night wondering the same thing. With any other special occasion in your life, there is a set date that you can look forward to. With childbirth, we just hang out, waiting for this little guy to make his move.

With that said, after my doctor's appointment this morning, we have some progress! I am officially two centimeters dialated! Now, this doesn't necessarily mean that I am going to start labor immediately but it does show that my body is preparing for baby Forell's arrival. Woo hoo! The doctor also set a "cut-off" day, meaning that if the baby has not come on his own she will start inducing me on the evening of April 6th! Finally, I have a somewhat concrete date that I can expect this baby by! Of course, baby boy can come on his own any time between now and then, but at least we have a timeframe to plan around.

Until then I will drink my castor oil, go for long walks and order the spicy "pregnancy" pizza.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Yaaaaaaaaay!!!! But castor oil?? Really. Uggh.