Today, Ella's first tooth popped through! Of course, she has been a trooper over the past few days, barely showing her discomfort. In honor of her first little tooth, I thought it was about time that I tell you a little more about our sweet little girl.
Ella has this sweet little personality and an infectious smile. Everywhere we go, people coo over her and she always offers up a little smirk. A woman told me this week, that Ella's smile had made her day. Ella's sweet smile is coupled with her curious personality. She is constantly watching those around her and simply can't get enough of Sam. She watches him, laughing at his games and loves to get any of his attention.
Not only is she sweet, Ella is also very cuddly. She loves to be held and snuggled and every night I treasure the moments we have just before bedtime, when I quietly rock her and she looks up at me, with her big hazel eyes, and I can almost feel her whispering "good night." It's these moments that I feel so truly blessed and so incredibly happy that this little girl has decided to call me mom.
One day, she'll be a hormonal teenager, who hates her hair and finds her parents totally annoying. And it's on those days, when I will look back on the quiet nights we shared and remember that smile, those eyes and the feeling of complete and utter unconditional love.
1 comment:
She is the spitting image of you. I can't wait to see how big they've gotten. I'll be in P-town soon!
Post a Comment