Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Things, They are a changing





This past September 12th marked Sam's very first day of school. This year we decided to enroll him in a co-op three days a week for 4 hours at a time. The night before, I carefully packed up his snack and lunch (peanut butter and jelly, a safe favorite) and carefully placed all items in the fridge. I couldn't believe how nervous I was. Would he like it? Would the other kids be nice to him? Would he manage to eat all of his food? I even called a friend to inquire about what kind of packaging she was using for her daughter's lunch.

The next morning I carefully dressed Sam and described all the fun things that school would involve and from there, it was time to leave. We arrived at school a little early (no surprise there), which gave us some time to show Sam around and re-explain all the new experiences he was about to encounter. In typical Sam fashion, he was more interested in the bikes that were parked outside then the emotional basketcase that is his mother. So, with no further adeu, we bid him farewell and promised to come back and get him. As I was saying my last goodbye (realistically 5th by this time) Sam looked at me and said, "Mama go and get coffee? Then come right back?" That's his way of clarifying that I won't be gone too long and that I'm returning to pick him up. My answer, "Yep, just a quick cup of coffee and then I'll come right back."

In addition to starting school, we have also decided it's time to bid farewell to city life and retire to the 'burbs. We've been looking for a new house for a while but just haven't found anything that fits our needs. But, about 2 months ago we found something that is just the right size and in a really great neighborhood. So we put the offer down and the house is ours! We decided to rent our house out (mainly just in case I hate the 'burbs and want to move back to the city) and so it's time to officially announce the end of an era. Farewell 1731 and hello 10206.

No comments: