Thursday, October 27, 2011

Ella, She's a Talker

Ella has found her voice. Unfortunately, it tends to be a very loud, screech when we are all stuck in the car together. She happily screams and yells, telling us all about her day. Sam, on the other hand, is not so happy about Ella's new found confidence. He yells back, tells her "no thank you Ella" and finally, covers his ears in submission.

I have tried giving her toys, food and turning on some good tunes but nothing seems to work, so I have accepted her happy screeches and hope that this phase will pass. Sam continues to try and find ways to keep her quiet and finally, the other day, simply said, "Ella, I uninvent you."

You see, Sam has a favorite book that is all about a mean old lady who un-invents everything great about the world. Good try Sam, but I think Ella is going to be around for a while.

No comments: