Thursday, November 10, 2011

They really do grow up fast.

I visited a friend the other night who just had a baby. It's amazing how quickly we forget what it's like those first few precious weeks when sleeping, eating and maybe more sleeping is really what each day is about. When each minute is spent observing little movements, or smiles and marveling at how wonderful this life is that we can bring someone so special and loved into this world.

While holding little baby A, I couldn't help but feel a little sad that my two muchkins are growing so fast and becoming so independent, which in turn, means needing me less. Now, of course they need me but in a different way. I no longer can strap Ella to my chest and take her for long walks, she wants to be on the move herself finding leaves and other foreign objects to put in her mouth. And Sam? Forget it. He's in a dead sprint ahead of me, or rocking his scooter all the way to the park. I realize it's part of the process but there is a little part of me that wishes I could freeze our life right now.

No comments: