Thursday, December 15, 2011

Makes Me Laugh

It's been a long week. Sam had the 24 hour flu bug that required every sheet and towel in the house and Ella had four (yes four!) teeth pop through - ouch! So I need something to make me laugh, and this did it:

- Potty training - the thing about potty training is that you need an incentive to get the kid to actually do the potty part. I've tried dancing, singing and cheering maniacally but the only thing that even peaked Sam's interest was candy, specifically M&Ms. So, I purchased the requested M&Ms and the last time he tried to go potty I realized that I had eaten all the candy. So some advice to parents, offer incentive that you are not interested in. In my case that would be anything not made out of chocolate.

- Swim Diapers - swim diapers are made for the pool, right? Supposed to hold in the poo and pee, so that the pool doesn't become a toilet bowl. Well, this morning apparently Kerry wanted to test out this theory, unbeknown to me. Instead of putting a regular diaper on Ella, he put a swim diaper on her (in his defense it was 6:30am, I was at the gym and unable to tell him where the new diapers were being stored), so that at 8:300am we she went down for her nap, she woke up only 20 minutes later SOAKED. So, second piece of advice. If you want your kid to take a nap, don't let them go to sleep in a swim diaper.

No comments: